Friday, September 9, 2011

{THE WHOLE WOMAN BLOGSHOP} TODAY'S GUESTS: KENNA AND CHELSEA

How can we be whole without being healthy? Admittedly so, I could stand to change my lifestyle as it pertains to my health. It doesn't hurt to see those that are actually taking care of their bodies to give a little extra motivation. This is true for today's guests. I was amazed at the weight loss journey of Kenna Williams (who I call "The Incredible Shrinking Kenna). And Chelsea, my childhood friend, has always kept a healthy lifestyle. Seeing these two sharing their healthy living on FB, only encourages me even more to want to do the same. They will encourage you to do the same as well. But first, meet Kenna and Chelsea. Their features to follow.

Originally from Memphis, TN but have been living in Oxnard, CA for almost 11 years. I'm an aerospace engineer by degree but I work as a Test Manager which is basically a project manager for the US NAVY where we test out various new technologies (weapons primarily) on a massive sea based testing range. I'm divorced but seriously dating someone! I'm a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.

In my spare time, I enjoy traveling and I'm headed to the Bahamas next week and to Nigeria in the coming months. I also do a lot of volunteer work with my sorority whether that is tutoring children in reading or assisting in food/clothing drives for the local women and children shelter. I also enjoy salsa dancing...I mean REALLY ENJOY IT!

Since this is health related, I should probably mention one of my favorite healthy meals:
grilled skinless chicken with steamed veggies and bbq black beans (sure they have carbs but if you balance it right, it's ok!)


My name is Chelsea Pickens, and I'm a current resident of the DC metropolitan area. In my spare time, I love to shop, spend time with family and friends, and working out. During the week, I work as an Information Technology Consultant for the federal government, but on the weekends, you can catch me at a concert, museum, or local wine festival. Although basketball is my favorite sport, you're more than likely to catch me at a football game sporting blue & gold for Southern University Jaguars, or black & gold for the New Orleans Saints. I also find time to stay active within the community through my sorority, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.



No comments:

Post a Comment