Thursday, September 1, 2011

{THE WHOLE WOMAN BLOGSHOP} REIKO, WEARING IT WELL

Who couldn't pay attention to a blog name like God's Favorite Shoes? I sure could, which is why I clicked the blog's link when I first came across it. I must say, Reiko has her own style which gets a very big thumbs up from me, and also why I am a frequent visitor to her blog. Today we learn a little more about the fashionista who wears whatever she puts on, well.

[I gave Reiko some "style assignments", asking her to interpret the looks I gave her. Check them out following the feature.]



When did you fall in love with fashion? 
Hmmm. I'm really more into style than fashions (notice that "fashions" is plural...as Dwight from The Real Housewives of Atlanta would say!)

I'm not really super into trends or name brands but I am obsessed with how people express who they are through their style and how it is executed. I've always loved putting looks together but I would say about 5 or 6 years ago is when I started to crave learning about cultivating and creating a genuine style aesthetic for myself and others.

Who are some of your favorite fashion icons? 
I always say that if on any given day I have channelled Joan from Girlfriends or Carrie, Miranda, and/or Charlotte from SATC...then my work is done! I also appreciate the style guru of J Crew, Jenna Lyons. While getting dressed in the morning, I often say "WWJD...What Would Jenna Do!?"

Quite a few bloggers are my icons as well as a few celebs like Solange (the new Solange that found her style lane, not the young Solange that was being groomed to be like her sister Beyonce') and Ginnifer Goodwin. Others I'm sure, I'm just going blank right now:)

Are you a big spender or frugal shopper? 
I've grown to be quite the frugal shopper. I naturally gravitate toward thrift shops but I will invest in shoes. I sometimes love a good handbag too but as an investment piece...not as a trend. I believe in mixing high end and low end pieces...although my "high end" is probably other people's "low end!" LOL!!


Here are Reiko's STYLE ASSIGNMENTS. 
Get your own style going by using the worksheet following Reiko's assignments.

Be sure to visit her blog God's Favorite Shoes



"RETRO LOOK"


"CLASSIC WITH COLOR"


"MIX AND MATCH"

"IN LIVING COLOR"


GET YOUR OWN STYLE GOING
1. How do you feel about fashion/style?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. List some of your favorite fashion icons
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


3. Big spender or frugal shopper?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the name of the site...not so sure I'm loving her style though. But to each its own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like her unique style! I always admire people like her...whenever I put on something more than my everyday blend-into-the-crowd get-up I usually change before even leaving the house. I need someone to hold my hand as I walk out the door and tell me it's okay ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name of the site AND her unique style, lol! I personally love bold, bright patterns and colors as well as darker ones. She is surely an individual who isn't ashamed to embrace who she is and tell the world she's FIERCE at the same time! I love it.....lol! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, and that green dress (last picture) is soooooooooo cute & so me! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Reiko of GFS to death!!! Her style is killer and she's a hoot!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww... Reiko is a sweetheart and has STYLE to the T!!!!! GREAT FEATURE & I will be following your blog! ~Thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete