Friday, August 20, 2010

WHAT'S IN A NAME?

I often think about what my married last name will be. Not only that, I have this "thing" where I want my last name to "flow" with my first name (random I know). Like, what last name will "flow" with Audrey? Here are a few last names that I find particularly interesting:

Anderson, Carter, Walker, Smith, and as of late, Moore, Allen and Jones.

Of course I won't know what my last name will be until I meet him. It's just a Future Wife thing I do quite often lol. Just thought I'd share.

Is there something you think about regarding your future husband? Feel free to share. I'd love to know.

The Future Wife,
Audrey


5 comments:

  1. You know my husband's name made the list. LOL It's a really common name. It flows with first name. None the less, I kept my name. Why? Short answer would be because I wanted to. I think it's great either way (take the name or keep the maiden).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DEFINITELY understand where you are coming from Audrey...lol because I do the same thing too! I sometimes even take it a step further and practice "signing" my signature with possible last names to see how the overall signature would look on paper....SHENINA___________, SHENINA__________, SHENINA__________!!! LOL! Some may call it crazy, but I just say its "practice"!!! Lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ms. Understood: lol I had to read your response twice to understand that you kept your maiden name after marriage.

    @Shenina: Hey girly. Thank you for your response. I like your take on it: "it's practice" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dreamed of many last names that I thought sounded good with my first name. *lol* My husband's last name was not on that list. Hubby has a super common last name. I loved my maiden name and didn't care so much for his last name. He didn't care so long as we got married. I use my maiden for business/work and his for everything legal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @mrstdj: I've teetered between using my maiden name for my work, as a pen name (I plan on writing lots of books one day) and using my married name for everything else.I think it might work :-) Thanks for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete