Tuesday, August 24, 2010

QUESTION OF THE DAY

I never thought I'd be thankful for the day when God ended an almost four year relationship that I was in. At the time, I really thought this person was the one for me. Looking back, I'm so grateful that God knew way better than I did and put an end to it all. I understand now that He has someone for me, much greater than I could ever imagine.

QOTD: Were you in a serious/long-term relationship at one time and you didn't understand why it had to end, but are thankful now that it did?


Note: Be thankful when God shuts a door. It might be painful for the moment but He always has a much greater plan and purpose in mind (Jeremiah 29:11)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, oh yes I was! I had a serious boyfriend from middle school through my first two years of college. We were extremely serious for our age, yet we were not mature enough to sustain our relationship. Through a series of ups and downs we ended our relationship for good the summer after my sophomore year. I was actually headed to Italy and it was a perfect time for me to reflect on things that I wanted/needed out of a relationship. Looking back, I know that relationship was not based in love, rather emotions and feelings. God allowed me to meet Steve, my current husband and showed me what unconditional love is all about. I am overwhelmed by what He has done!

    ReplyDelete