Wednesday, March 18, 2015

FEATURED FUTURE WIFE: KWINETTA MURRAY


Part of the vision that I have for Chronicles is that I share stories that will help to encourage single women with a desire for marriage. I believe that it's helpful to hear from Future Wives who are making the journey toward marriage. The added, and most important bonus is hearing from Future Wives and Wives who have Christ at the center of their relationships and marriages, respectively. 

Today we get to hear from Kwinetta, a Future Wife who will soon be walking down the aisle. If you enjoyed her proposal story yesterday of her and her fiance, Brandon, you will definitely enjoy her feature today. Get ready to be inspired, encouraged, and blessed with Chronicles' first Future Wife feature of 2015.

Meet the future Mrs. Moore. 


Kwinetta Murray

Wedding Date: September 26, 2015
Engaged to: Brandon Moore




How did you meet your fiancé?
I met my fiancé at my parents’ pastoral appreciation service in 2009.

What was your first impression of him?
I only had one initial impression of him, and that was that he was VERY HANDSOME. I even told him the first time I met him. 

What are some things you enjoy doing together?
Eating, laughing, going to church, looking at houses, and shopping.

What is your definition of a wife? 
I would define a wife as someone who supports her husband in prayer, esteem, and affection. One who balances her husband, submits to him, honors him, and pushes him to his destiny.  

You will not only be a wife but you will also be a pastor's wife. How are you preparing for that role? 
Well thankfully, God is sovereign and his plan for my life has been evident for a long time. My father is a pastor, which makes my mother a pastor’s wife, and first lady also. I have been watching her, and listening to her sound advice. I have also been heavily investing my time in community service to ultimately add to the ministry with innovative and creative ideas.

What are some things you've had to adjust to going from single to engaged?
The single to engaged transition happened pretty quickly for me. One of the biggest adjustments for me is realizing that I cannot run to my close girlfriends about certain issues. I am forced to either pray, or speak with my fiancé. I am also learning how to stand on my own without my parents, it is indeed an adjustment, but I am preparing.

How are you preparing for marriage (i.e. counseling, prayer, etc...)? Why do you think these things are important?
I am preparing for marriage by going to marriage counseling with my fiancé. We pray together often, make plans for our future, and we actually discuss difficult things like our past, our fears, and our pains. The uncomfortable conversations can indeed be uncomfortable, but we learn so much about each other, and how to love each other. The way I loved him as my boyfriend, is exceptionally different from the way I have to love him now.

What are some things that you want to take into your marriage that will help it to be successful? 
Prayer and time alone away from everything else is important to me in terms of my successful marriage.  Brandon and I usually pray every night together, which is not something that we started upon engagement, we actually started this practice when he and I were just friends. I want to keep prayer constant, to keep Jesus at the center of our relationship. Alone time is also important because we both do a lot of things, and I think that making time to spend alone with one another is essential to the maintenance of a healthy marriage.

What is the best advice you've received about marriage so far?
The best advice about marriage would have to be to keep God first, keep others out, and always build your spouse.

Since this blog is about encouraging single women with a desire for marriage, what would you say to someone who desires marriage but it hasn't happened yet?
My advice would be to wait on God. Before dating Brandon, I had been single for about 6 years. I have only had ONE real boyfriend prior to dating him, I had never had a prom date, Valentine’s Day friend, or anything. These days, it can be immensely difficult with the integration and notoriety of social media. However, I had to really pray and trust God. Another piece of advice that I would offer would be to have fun. It was not until I started focusing on my happiness that Brandon entered into my life. As a Christian young lady, I was so concerned with “settling down”, that I never took time to date casually, or simply enjoy life. Also, it is important to understand that as a single woman, a man is not a cure to loneliness or hurt. We will all experience hurt in life, instead of wasting time complaining about the hurt, prepare for the storm. 




Stay tuned for Moore: 
Kwinetta's fiance', Brandon will be featured on Thursday in the Future Husband series.




Would you like to be featured in the Future Wife series on Chronicles of a Future Wife? Send your submission to coafw@yahoo.com. Please read feature policies before making your submission.

Follow Chronicles:
Twitter: @the_future_wife
Instagram: @the_future_wife
Facebook: COAFW



No comments:

Post a Comment