Thursday, March 19, 2015

FEATURED FUTURE HUSBAND: BRANDON MOORE

I have really enjoyed sharing Kwinetta and Brandon's proposal story this week, and featuring Kwinetta in the Future Wife series. Today we get to hear from Brandon, who is being featured in Chronicles' Future Husband series. Very rarely do we get to hear the male's perspective on marriage, specifically, when they are preparing to walk down the aisle. Today, you will get a chance to hear from a Future Husband who is preparing to walk down the aisle with love in his heart and Christ at the center of it all. Get ready to,once again, be inspired, encouraged, and blessed.

Meet Brandon.


Brandon Moore
Wedding Date: September 26, 2015
Engaged to: Kwinetta Murray



What was your first impression of Kwinetta?
My first impression of Kwinetta would have to be that she was a WOMAN. Upon meeting her, I was impressed that she knew exactly what she wanted in life and that she knew what the epitome of being a woman who exemplified much strength. Also I thought she was simply beautiful.

Were you thinking about marriage prior to meeting her?
Prior to meeting Kwinetta, I was in a relationship of two years and was getting prepared to propose to that young lady but as we can see, that didn't go as planned. So when Kwinetta and I started dating, there was this one time in which I knew without having any other thoughts in my mind that Kwinetta was my wife.



Did you ask Kwinetta's parents for her hand in marriage? If so, how did they receive you?
This question is fairly interesting. Before I officially met Kwinetta, I actually met her parents. I was the guest moderator for a service that a mutual friend of ours was having at their church. So I remember that service going very well. Afterwards, I was greeting her mother and she looks at me at that moment and says that you are my daughters husband. I was like OMG. I did ask her father for her hand in marriage. I was super nervous about it. He gave me a little comfort by telling me that I didn't have to be nervous because he approved in me being her husband and that he has always claimed me as his son. So that was a very smooth conversation between he and I.

Take us through the day of the proposal. Were you nervous? How did you prepare?
On the day of the proposal, it was actually Kwinetta’s 26th birthday. Although her week leading up to her birthday was very rough, the end result was worth it. Kwinetta had a concert on her birthday and so we wanted to make sure that she had everything that she needed. We had breakfast and went to the mall to pick up a few items and then had lunch and then it was time to prepare for the concert. I was a little late but when I got there, everything was going so smoothly. So I had to speak on the program, and I had a video presentation prepared for her of friends that could not make it to the concert wishing her a happy birthday and then some slides compiled of pics and words that led to the proposal. I popped the big question while everyone was recording and she said yes.



What are some things you think a man should have in place prior to getting married? 
I would definitely say money. Its very important. The most important thing to me is communication. I believe communication has to be apart of the central focus prior to being married.  If a wife is not happy, the FIRST action on her part should be to talk to the husband (and vice versa). The only way to do this consistently is to talk; not yell, not argue, but talk like civilized people. If you become enraged every time your spouse tries to talk to you, you are pushing away an opportunity to fix a problem. Take time out and actually LISTEN. Marriage is not an argument or a punishment unless you make it one.

Do you have a support system of men around you for prayer, counsel, etc..., as you take your journey toward marriage? How have they helped?
I have a pretty good support system. I am sometimes around married men who really exemplify what effective marriages should look like. It has helped me to strengthen my approach on being a husband.

Was it important for you, as a pastor, to seek a wife that would not only support you in your role as a husband but also as a pastor? If so, why was this important?  
Most definitely. I always wanted a wife who would support both her husband and her pastor. I never wanted to be in competition with my wife. I think this is important because a pastors wife provides a sounding board for her husband to vent, brainstorm, and question his progress or goals yet encouraging and steadfast to support the vision that God has given to them. She is often a nurse, healing emotional wounds that seem to cause many pastors to give up. She is a counselor that helps her husband to work out difficulties that are too close for him to see. She is a lover and protector to shield him from harm and to provide the loving care that is so vitally needed, especially when one feels they are in a lonely profession. Many pastors do not have close friends they can vent or share their problems with. A pastors wife provides that companionship that encourages him to continue even when he feels like giving up. So for these reasons, I can truly say that I have a woman who fits all of these qualifications.



What do you believe God's purpose is for you and Kwinetta?
I believe that Kwinetta and I have been called to be examples to young marriages and ultimately become world changers. Also to help strengthen marriages through biblical principles. One of the major things that she and I have realized so far is that even though it can be unnerving, is that people are watching us. So we try to not put on a facade but really exemplify real love in front of people who may ultimately become the souls that we may have to watch over.

What are some things you would tell someone to consider prior to seeking a wife? 
My advice to someone that is seeking a wife, is that when you come to that pivotal decision in your life, make sure that you are clear on what it is that you want. Be sure and prioritize beforehand. Be healed from any thing previous so that you can give the person you are pursuing everything that they deserve. Most of all have an assurance of God of the person that you are going to love. 


Photo Credit: Milanes Photography


Would you like to be featured in the Future Husband series on Chronicles of a Future Wife? Send your submission to coafw@yahoo.com. Please read feature policies before making your submission.

Follow Chronicles:
Twitter: @the_future_wife
Instagram: @the_future_wife
Facebook: COAFW

No comments:

Post a Comment