Friday, July 15, 2011

#FUTUREWIFETWEETS {PART 2}


FUTURE WIFE TWEETS:

Ok, I'm going to share briefly what's been on my heart/what I've noticed lately

I've noticed that some single women express a sense of entitlement about men, like men should be good to them just because.

I've seen things like, "I don't know what to say about men today. They act like they don't know what they want."

or things like, "Why can't men seem to get their act together?"

And I've also seen, "I'm going to get me a girlfriend because these men don't know what they want." This is a whole 'nother issue in itself

Honestly, I've been kind of put off by these sentiments because not only do they show a lack of sensibility but it's borderline offensive to the women who are actually taking time to cultivate themselves and change for the better for the man God has for them

Let me just say this to those with an entitlement frame of mind : A man does not OWE YOU anything

On a deeper level, I think these women are trying to fill an unfulfilled void in their lives and are relying on men to do so. #majormistake

On another level, I think they want "the milk for free". They don't want to put in the effort to change themselves so they can even ATTRACT the person God has for them.

In any case, I've noticed that lately and it's quite agitating to put it mildly. I have more to say, but I have to run. May post more later.
###

1 comment:

  1. If we are talking about adults, then both parties should know that they have to be willing and able to work for what they want. A sense of entitlement is okay as long as we agree that our counterpart is entitled too.

    My point is this: men should be good to women just because and women should be good to men just because. I think this basic idea may be what's missing from the way we relate to each other at the beginning. The idea that you have to prove yourself worthy of good treatment is troubling... that should be a given...

    ReplyDelete