Thursday, March 14, 2019

THE NEW CHANGE

When I first started this blog, the intent was for me to literally chronicle my everyday (single) life until I met my future husband. At the time, I was very hopeful about the prospect of getting married. I was younger and had the hopefulness that comes along with a single, Christian, young woman who desires marriage. Then things in life happened, time passed, and suddenly I saw myself a little older and realizing that the same hopefulness that I had a few years back did not fit with who I am now. 

After some reflection, praying, and talking to God, I realized some things: I needed to continue to enjoy being single and I'd grown past the way I used to think about getting married.

So why am I saying all of this? Well, as mentioned above, the mindset I used to have about getting married has changed. In short, it will happen when it's supposed to happen. This frame of mind has given me the freedom to put the future in its proper place and enjoy, even more, the beauty of being single. It's also given me a new approach to this blog.

For now I simply want to encourage my readers or anyone who comes across this blog--about anything. It may be something as lengthy as this post or a short and simple phrase that still makes a point. 

Also, let me get this out of the way: at certain times of this blog, I haven't always been consistent. That has a lot to do with many of the things I mentioned earlier (time passing, reflecting, a new way of thinking) but it was mainly because I was approaching this blog from the mindset that I used to have and not where I am now. That is why there were sporadic posts, then none at all. 

This blog has always been bigger than me and where I've always felt my sense of purpose. It will be a one-day-at-a-time approach, but I will be sharing more content with you. 

Thank you to everyone who has remained a supporter of this blog over the years. It means the world to me. Thank you for your kind emails and words of encouragement. They mean the world to me as well. 

Until the next post, 
Audrey 

No comments:

Post a Comment