I know that money doesn't seem very future wife-ish but gaining or maintaining good financial habits now is something that you can carry into your marriage. Below are six financial principles and benefits from Pastor Mac Brunson of First Baptist Church in Jacksonville, Fl. He shared them in his sermon yesterday. (Note: All of the principles can be adjusted to apply to your single lifestyle)
1. Get out of debt.
2. Ask yourself before any purchase, "Do I need this?"
3. (For married couples) ask before a purchase, "Are we as a couple in agreement on this purchase?"
4.Can I pay this off at the end of the month?
5. Will purchasing this blow our/my financial goals?
6. Will this purchase impact the giving of our/my tithes?
BENEFITS OF APPLYING FINANCIAL PRINCIPLES
1. You will move from paying interest to earning interest.
2. You'll stop worrying about money and use money as a tool.
3. You'll stop being scared of the future and will have hope for the future.
4. You'll stop fighting financial fires.
5. You'll be set free from things you can't reach.
6. You'll stop attacking each other in marriage and start working together.