Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Love What You Do Enough To Remain Committed



I've learned a lesson that I will keep duly noted as I move forward with this blog: love what you do enough to remain committed. After I returned to Chronicles this year, I began to think about something: I wondered if my readers were still receptive to hearing anything that I had to say? I mean, there could only be so many times that discouragement would prevent me from posting, to return, hoping that you would understand my reason for not posting. That realization is part of what's keeping me motivated and committed this time around.

I also realized that when I leave Chronicles, I create a disconnection with my readers and doing that begins to make an impression on you. It doesn't matter why I've been away, only that I'm taking something away from you that you enjoy, may find hope in, encourages you, and that you look forward to. That is why I am intentional about being committed to writing for Chronicles again, but this is not just about me, this is about you, too.

Has something in your life stopped you from doing what is truly dear to your heart? Have you started and stopped, then started and stopped, again? Has discouragement or doubt crept in to make you temporarily throw in the towel? 

Well, I'm here to tell you that you can make a comeback, even if it's your second, third, fourth, or tenth comeback. 

So, what does all of this have to do with love and commitment? Well, I believe that when we truly love something, regardless of the up and downs, or setbacks, it remains in our hearts. We may want to do the right thing, keep moving, keep pursuing, and give our best, but the stumbling blocks, sometimes, seem to hold the greater weight. But it is the thing that resides in our hearts that won't go away (love) and the determination that won't let us give up, even when we've temporarily thrown in the towel (commitment), that allows us to give it one more try.

Today, that is what I am encouraging you to do, to give it one more try. Go back to the thing that you love and make a commitment to it. It does not have to be an overnight process. Take it step by step and one day at a time.

It was some end-of-the-year self reflection last year that led me to think about coming back to Chronicles. Maybe this is the moment that will lead you back to what you love. You can do it. You can start again, but this time with a new frame of mind and a new outlook. This is your new opportunity to go back to what you love and remain committed to it.

Helpful scripture: 1 Corinthians 13

-Audrey-

I want to hear from you. Let me know what you love enough to remain committed to. Let me know what struggles you may be having in starting over again. Share here in the comments or write to me at coafw@yahoo.com. 

Thank you for your continued support and readership. 





No comments:

Post a Comment