Wednesday, June 8, 2011

FAITHFUL BLOGGING PROMPT #5: WHAT IS MY LIFE VERSE?


What is your life verse and why? In case you don’t know, a life verse is a particular verse in the Bible that holds a significant meaning to you, whether it defines your life, gives you inspiration, or just speaks to you.

My life verse would have to be Galatians 6:7, "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." I've always liked this verse because it speaks so plainly of the rewards or consequences of our actions. We can all get caught up sometimes thinking that what we do has no consequence. For me, this is my little nudge, tap on the shoulder, reminder, that yes, the seeds we plant will sprout in our lives and we will eat the fruit of it, positively or negatively. I'll also add that this is the original concept of reaping and sowing. I chuckle sometimes when I hear people use the word karma to describe what the Bible has originally stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment