Thursday, November 4, 2010

FEATURED FUTURE WIFE: SHENINA

God has sent some amazing people my way to feature and today's Featured Future Wife is no exception. She has a light that shines brightly, a constant joy, and (one of her attributes that stuck out to me) a very positive outlook on her single life and how she's waiting on her future husband. I attribute all of these characteristics to the Christ that lives on the inside of her. I'll let you see for yourself.

Meet Shenina.



Name: Shenina Brown
Age: 26
Occupation: DESIRE MORE Naturals, LLC (founder/owner/operator)
Hometown: Greenville, MS
Church: New Direction Christian Church

What do you like to do in your spare time?

Besides going to church and worshipping God with other believers, I absolutely LOVE to encourage, motivate, and empower everyone...from the oldest man at the corner store to the youngest little girl in elementary school. I am a very big ENCOURAGER and want everyone to know just how powerful and strong they really are! I also love to dine in at various restaurants, shop, give advice, sing, act silly, laugh, watch reality t.v shows, spend quality time with family, travel, creatively work with my hands making programs, brochures, flyers, inviations, etc., and MUCH more!

What is your favorite scripture?

Hmmm, only ONE?? Lol! If I had to choose just one, it would be ROMANS 8:28- "FOR GOD CAUSES ALL THINGS TO WORK TOGETHER FOR THE GOOD OF THEM WHO LOVE GOD AND ARE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE FOR THEM." The reason why I pick this scripture as my favorite is because it sums up my walk with God completely! Though I sometimes get criticized and talked about for trying to live a life that is pleasing to God, and though I sometimes struggle with thinking if the things I do and choices I make concerning God are within his will, I can ALWAYS refer back to this scripture and rest assured that EVERYTHING done for uplifting the Kindgdom of God will be all worth it in the end!

What does the term future wife mean to you?

Uh oh now! Lol! FUTURE WIFE to me is simply a lady who has a DESIRE and the ANNOINTING to be who God wants her to be for a man, who in turn also wants to be joined together by God with her forever. A future wife is one that is yet preparing herself to be who God desires her to be through prayer, meditation, education, and obedience. It doesn't mean "perfection", but it does mean "preparation" to be the woman God has ordained you(me) to be for your(my) husband. She is truly a Proverbs 31 woman and then some with a bag of chips and soda on the side! Oh yeah, throw in a Ring Pop too! LOL!

How would you best describe where you are in your single walk right now?

Right now, I am at a place of contentment. I'm content knowing that God has my front, back, and sides! He has heard my prayers & knows exactly what it is that I want, so this gives me the assurance and strength to continue waiting. It's a difference when you just "wait" as opposed to "waiting" PATIENTLY, which is what I'm doing now. I DESIRE to become a wife and mother one day, therefore, to be granted that desire, I will continue to wait no matter how long it takes until God sees fit for my husband and I to find eachother. Right now, I'm focusing on getting "self" together as well so that I can be the woman my husband has been praying and seeking God's face for!!! I also surround myself around positive people and activities to take my mind off of being "single". I'm still a work in progress, but in due time, all shall be WELL worth the wait!

It's good that you recognize a key component in waiting for your husband--patience. How do you think "jumping the gun" and not waiting on God could affect the destiny you have with your future husband?

With all due respect, "jumping the gun", in my opinion, is a big no-no! I know first hand how it feels to be sometimes lonely and anxious, especially during this single walk. That's why it's even more important for us to remain in tune with God and what he's trying to tell & show us! Because some ladies feel vulnerable and are so ready to get married, they tend to do so prematurely only with divorce being the end result before the 5 year anniversary. It's funny that you ask this question because one day while sitting in my girlfriend's living room, we were talking about relationships. God clearly spoke to me and said: THOUGH NO ONE IS PERFECT BUT ME, IF YOU CHOOSE TO WAIT PATIENTLY, I WILL SEND YOU THE CLOSEST THING (MAN) TO PERFECTION! I was absolutely blown away, and that has stuck with me ever since. When we jump the gun, we as ladies, sometimes find ourselves in abusive relationships, victims of adultery, and even sometimes suicidal because of everything that is going on. We then blame it on God because we don't understand why he allowed all of this to go on. He certainly doesn't "like" to see us go through difficult times, but because we decided to do what "we" wanted to do instead of waiting upon and consulting with God FIRST before talking to Pookie, lol, we would have known that he wasn't for us to begin with and could have avoided alot of heartache and pain! But when you WAIT on God to send not just a husband, but YOUR husband, he will make sure that he is all you ever need and then some! What God has for ME, it is for ME...and what God has for YOU, it is for YOU!- Believe that and continue to wait PATIENTLY on the husband that God has for you!

I love to see single women of God being productive and not just waiting, doing nothing. What are some of the things you've accomplished in your personal life?

Lol, I definitely agree! Some of the things I've accomplished in my personal life are graduating from undergraduate and graduate school (at which I now hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and a Masters in Health Services Administration), and stepping out on faith by opening my own business, DESIRE MORE Naturals. I consider what I've done recently (within the last 5 years) to be the big things I've accomplished. Though the aforementioned things are great, nothing compares to getting to know Christ better, which I consider the BIGGEST accomplishment of all! Instead of waiting around doing nothing, I try my best to occupy my time encouraging, motivating, and empowering all people from all walks of life. I am also trying to become more actively involved in my community and volunteer projects to help give back. For it's not just about me, but it's all about uplifting & building the Kingdom of God!


You are a great encourager. What would you say to a single woman who may not appreciate this single season in her life? How could she achieve contentment?

Oooo weee, what a great question! Lol! I would tell a single woman to enjoy this season she is going through because it will only come once. Though having a husband will be nice, he should not complete you. It is important to be whole BEFORE you connect with your husband. When he comes along, he's going to demand most of your attention and time, and by you being his wife, you are obligated to give it to him. While we still have time, we must continue to focus on God and be obedient to him. I would also tell a single lady that she could achieve contentment with getting to know who "she" is all over again, becoming involved in things she believes in, and finding out things about herself that she doesn't like and then fixing them. It is vital that she learn to love "self" and live successfully single first. Take yourself out on a date, to the movies, or a nice restaurant BEFORE he does, that way you'll be content in knowing that before "he" did, "you" did! Remember that in each season we go through, God speaks to us and there is something he needs us to learn. Don't miss what he is telling you because you are "anxious". The day and time are coming when God will unite you with your husband. Until then, enjoy being by yourself, do things to better self, and continue to not just wait, but PATIENTLY wait for YOUR husband!

Visit Shenina's Desire More Naturals' website


3 comments:

  1. Reading this has encouraged me so. I had the pleasure of attending college with Shenina and I have always admired her and the spirit within her. She was and still is very uplifting and encouraging to everyone she meets. Reading her story gives me, a fellow single lady, encouragement to enjoy this single season in my life. I have had so much hurt and heartache because I was dating the wrong way or in a hurry to be settled. As I draw closer to Christ and grow stronger in my daily walk, I am thankful for those heartaches and pains, tears I've cried at night, because it is molding me into the woman that God created me to be. Those pains helped me to realize waht is truly important and that is to include God in your plans and to trust HIm to provide all you need. I'm still growing in my Christian walk, but I've found God to be more than a Saviour, but a companion, a friend above all others, a confidant. He's everything I need and more. So I am no longer waiting, but patiently waiting on a move from God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. youre awesome girl! keep the faith up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Shenina is a beautiful woman! Her joy radiates through her picture and words. I love the last paragraph of encouragement...I feel encouraged for sure! Thanks!

    And Audrey- Thank you for this website. I think it is important for us single Christian ladies to know we are not alone :)

    ReplyDelete