Thursday, January 25, 2018

What Do You Believe About Men? (Part 2)




The follow up to What Do You Believe About Men? is simple, really: take inventory. Yes, take a look at the thoughts that you have about men. How can you "look" at your thoughts? Write them down. I listed some questions, below, from the first part of WDYBAM, and added a few more. I believe that it's important to do introspection as we go along this single journey. If you want to do that, take a moment and answer the questions below. Do it at your own pace and in your own way. Once you're done, I believe that you will have better insight on how you perceive men and it will help to overcome any struggles that you may have in this area.

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE ABOUT MEN? (INVENTORY QUESTIONS)

-What is your perception of men, in general?

-Do you think all men are cheaters? If so, why? How does that shape what you believe about them? 

-Do you think men don't know how to commit? Why or why not?

-Are you willing to settle because you believe there isn't a real, good, complete, whole man for you?

-What influences your perception of men?

-What kind of men did you grow up around? Did they shape how you perceive men?

-What would help you to change any negative perceptions of men that you may have? Thank you for reading.

APPLICATION
Only you know what your perception of men are. Take those thoughts and feelings to God in prayer. He knows your heart and understands your heart.

PRAYER
Lord, thank You that I can come to you about anything, including my perceptions about men. Thank You for knowing and understanding my heart. I'm bringing my thoughts and feelings to You, whatever they may be. I do not want anything to hinder my growth as a person or in my singleness. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

HELPFUL SCRIPTURE
1 Peter 5:7


No comments:

Post a Comment